ICFA.NA.0325, Nicholas V. Artamonoff Collection, Image Collections and Fieldwork Archives, Dumbarton Oaks.

St. John Stoudios (İmrahor Camii). Chapel and the walls of the church in the background, July 1944. 

The chapel, built over a corner of the cistern, was occupied by “Surp distillery” in 1944, but does not exist anymore. Artamonoff visited the site with two men: the one on the right is Sven Larsen, professor of Mathematics at RC.